Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Close, but no cigar...

I missed the last meeting of the Cambridge Camera Club season (well, I missed pretty much everything from end Jan to end of the season), but, at the Annual Prize Giving, I came 2nd in the serial projected image competition. This is a 3 round, 2 images per round, open theme competition, running September to Feb. In my first CCC season, I came third overall in the club, then nowhere last season, and now 2nd! No cup, just a certificate. As this requires a degree of consistency, and I used 4 new images (all taken in the UK with not a spectacular foreign vista in sight), I was pleased with such a good result.

Although somewhat disillusioned with the Camera Club set-up, and now sans my partner-in-crime (and new Dad) Gareth, I will rejoin for season 2009/10, in the hope of learning something or being inspired.

Ivan

No comments: