Monday, August 14, 2006

Portrait Assignment: the scores so far

Here are the average scores for the three portrait entries for Ivan and myself, scored by only Ivan and myself. I have not included Grant because he has not completed the assignment yet and hasn't scored all of the entries. So Grant, it is all up to you....

Ivan

Impact - 7.7
Composition - 7.5
Light/Colour - 8.0
Technical skill - 7.8
Originality - 7.7

Overall Score - 7.7

Damian

Impact - 7.0
Composition - 6.8
Light/Colour - 7.3
Technical skill - 7.0
Originality - 7.0

Overall score - 6.7

So, Dr Lidgard is behind the Critical Eye by one whole point and scores consistently lower in all of the rankings. Ivan' scores are fairly consistent among the rankings with light and colour holding the highest score. Mr Lidgard shows more variation amongst his scores suggesting room for improvement.

Dr Lidgard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damo
Thanks for doing this. Of course, it could all change when Grant votes, and strictly speaking, he should vote without being influenced by current standings (not very rigourously controlled for a man of Science, "Dr Lidgard"!).

It's been a fun assignment, and I look forward to the next one, which I think should be "one picture, many interpretations". In this, we each pick an image of ours that could involve further work (black and white, cropping, colour, cloning etc), and let us all loose on it. We therefore get three interpretations of each image, but we can't vote on our own interpretation. Therefore, 3 images, 9 interpretations, scoring only the other participants interpretations. The original and manipulated are posted, side by side.

I'll have a think what the categories are (like we do for the images we score). It needs to have a sense of why it was changed in the way it was, and what the intended outcome/impact was.

Ivan

Critical Light said...

Hi there,

Well I hope Grant will score without any bias. I could remove this entry and post it again with Grant's work. Tell me if you think I should.

The assignment you suggest sounds interesting and I am all up for it. I guess the winner of this round can select the photo.

Damian

Anonymous said...

No, we each select an image for the other 2 to work on, then we score each others, but not our own.