Friday, May 09, 2008

Setting tasks...

It was on my mind that not only had I not posted in ages, I'm still learning... and along with the fact that Gareth has mad skills... :) but also that I did not post any shots from my neighbourhood as per the suggested idea a while back...

Anyways - out here right now the sky is hazy and very bland / grey. It's hot as hell, but not a hint of nice blue. So today I went out with a couple of rules.

1) None, or at least minimal sky.
2) Tight, reportage, human shots only.
3) Try to use the range of the equipment better
4) Try to not melt the camera or myself...

I'm interested in your thoughts... - there are a few shots here - probably too many for one post, however... I'm keen for your thoughts...

Oh, all shots were taken within 1 mile from my house.

I''m sure I could have done a lot more in Photoshop, in camera, in composition - please - let me know anything that comes to mind...













Cheers,

Bluey.

2 comments:

Damian Lidgard said...

I like these shots. MY least favourite are the second and fourth. The fourth seems weird because the clothing is too high relative to the guy which makes it look awkward. The second one definitely captures a moment but not quite there for me. The others are great.

I don't like your approach though. Why have rules? Why not just walk the street and see what jumps at you. Rules limit your ability.

Damian

DXBluey said...

Hi D,

I agree with your choices. The second I guess I kind of "forced" this as I really wanted it to work and the fabric / guy shot was borderline.

The "rules" were to make me avoid things I tend to do... The sky is so bland and flat at this time of year I just really wanted to avoid it. That and I like candid people shots, however - you're right in a way - just go with sn open mind and take the best shot...

Thanks for your thoughts...

G