Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lights out!

Hi everyone!

I felt I was overdue for a post so I decided to throw a couple up. For these pictures we have Nova Scotia Power to thank. If it wasn't for their rickety distribution grid, I would not have had the opportunity to take a few long-exposure shots under unusual lighting conditions.

The first is Sherri, sitting cooperatively still near the candles and LED flashlights. I rather like the resulting colours in this one; the walls are normally white. The second is Alpha (one of our cats), doing what cats do best: nothing at all.

(This preview picture is annoyingly blurry.)

1 comment:

Critical Light said...

Hi Colin,

I don't like the bottom shot. Too dark and nothing really pops out. The first shot is much better and has a certain quality to it. The light is really nice. I can't quite put my finger on it. It definitely feels like a still life though. And somewhat eerie.

Damian