Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Footbridge


Last one for this evening's dump..

Nothing especially special about this one, just like the bridge on the Meadows. This one uses my super wide angle, so the whole of the bridge is in there, and there's a sweep of the path as it follows the river too.

This is a blended exposure, two RAWs, processed for sky and foreground, blended in PS. High ISO.

I also utilised the noise reduction (chrominance and luminance) on the new Canon RAW software, which worked a treat. In an upgrade from the software with the 350D, there's even a shortcut to export the processed RAW to Photoshop, thereby making the workflow as seemless as having Adobe Camera RAW. Perhaps the latter is more powerful, but the Canon software seems fine to me. Perhaps I'll hold off on CS3 for now...

Ivan

3 comments:

Damian Lidgard said...

The photo has a very strong feel of dusk and peacefulness. But it doesn't do a lot for me. It feels rather flat but demonstrates your skills in PS. By the way, if you have not used Camera RAW, when you do you will be most impressed...that is how I felt when I moved onto Camera RAW after using the Canon software. Camera RAW 4 is even better.
D

stasher1 said...

Great compostion Ivan but again i agree with D about looking a little flat. I also think the distortion of your 10mmm lens (I guess) makes it alittle unnatural, but perhaps thats what you wanted.

A

Colin said...

I rather like the unusual way that 10mm lens captures regular geometry such as this bridge. Often it can be disturbing, but in this case I think it works nicely.

Speaking of, my own copy of that Sigma 10-20mm lens had an encounter with gravity recently. I'm happy to report that it bounced off the hardwood with no damage whatsoever. I was impressed by its sturdiness.