Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hi there,

Sorry for being absent for so long but work became quite heavy. I feel like I can breathe again and hence post an image or two.

Sable Island, sometime in the past















I forget when I took this shot but it was on film. I do however remember the moment. The light was intense for just a split second; and it was very stormy.











Another black and white treatment. I like this image because of the large snow covered dune and the gulls in the foreground.

Hope you are all well...

Damian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

D
I love the first one - the horse silhouette and position (off centre, nice), the strong light reflecting on wet sand, great range of tones, breaks in the cloud...it's all there. Critically, I'd have trimmed off the top light layer of cloud; distracts from the other strong elements too much, and I'd maybe have tried to fix the flare in PS., but other than that it's a stunner.

The other one is very different. Much more static, narrower range of tones (mostly grey), central placement of the hill, and the birds are small. Nice enough, but suffers in the shadow of it's more impressive sibling above...

Cheers
Ivan