Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Norfolk Coast; Beach Walkers revisited

After some mixed comments on the Beach Walkers series of pictures, I tried to beef up one of the images, but using a sky from the same photoshoot, to add drama. The result is below. I think it works very well, esp in black and white.



The sky is very dramatic, so I wanted it to dominate 2/3 of the image. I feel that this creates greater sense of scale with the small people against the sky and the sea is also in there too. The shapes and textures of the water, beach and sky all have ones interest, but the sky is the main focus after resting on the figures.

I listened to critique, and removed the distant people over the right shoulder of the main pair (per Gareth).

Comments welcomed as ever.

Ivan

2 comments:

Gareth said...

A massive, massive improvement. The post processing and sky treatment is fantastic. I'd maybe crop a little off the bottom and left because that big light chunk of water is a touch distracting, and it'd get the figures a bit less centrally, but in the whole I think this is a good image and a great improvement.

Critical Light said...

Hi there,

Yes, this is a huge improvement. The light is quite incredible and the clouds are especially dramatic. You HAVE to enlarge this one and get it on the wall. Excellent.

Damian