Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Interesting Metrics...and initial goals for the 2007/8 CCC Season

Remember I finished third overall in the 2006/7 projected image competition? Well, I scored 52 points for that third place. I knew Barrie Hatton (Club President) came second and Ann Miles (Programme Secretary and semi-pro photographer) came first, so I totted up their scores (sad, ain't I?) from the results on the CCC webpage...Ann had 104 points and Barrie 82, I was a distant third with 52.

Shows that in order to challenge this season, I do need to have both images scoring at each competition, as both Ann and Barrie regularly did. I ALWAYS had one image that bombed, with no score, and one that did quite well. Still, numerically I am half as good as Ann Miles, so being half of shit-hot is good enough for me (for now)!

This year, it's my goal to achieve at least a 3rd overall again, but with a higher score (realistic goal) or to come 2nd overall (less realistic). I also want to enter some of the print and portfolio competitions too. I'd like to also do well again in the Annual Digital Championship, but will be hard-pushed to improve on winning (and coming second too) in the Creative category. I think I'd like to enter in the Pictorial (i.e. Landscapes) and do well in that - entering the Creative section was a calculated strategy to use my relatively good photoshop skills to good effect in a category I knew would be less intensely fought. This turned out to be a good move, for my ego if nothing else!

I'll have a think about my CCC goals for 2007/8 and put them on the blog; last year, being my first season, I had no idea what to expect, and hoped to place in ONE competition. I did a whole lot better than that, which makes 2007/8 a bit tougher. A bit like Lewis Hamilton in his F1 rookie year...(sort of).

Cheers
Ivan

No comments: