Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Response to the tutorial - a tight crop

Grant,

Not sure if this works, but I am being rather daring here in my cropping. I asked myself what is it that appeals to me; what jumps out. To me, the main part of the image is the man's head and the fact that he is sitting on a camel. The camel's head is secondary and so can be cropped. The viewer's eye knows that this is a camel so doesn't need to see the all of the head. By cropping so closely one simplifies the image right down to its core. You can ask yourself the question 'what exactly am I trying to show to the viewer'. What is it about this image that is so appealing to me. Why did I shoot this image. If you have a clear vision, then it is perhaps easier to achieve what you want.

Please tell me what you think. Damian


No comments: