Wednesday, April 09, 2008

LRPS

Dear All

I am pretty sure I'll try to go for my LRPS in November 2008. There are still open slots and it was one of my goals for 2008. For more information on this entry level RPS distinction, click on the link.

I have also started posting images that are shortlisted for the LRPS panel - which needs to be 10 in total - on my website in a dedicated gallery called LRPS Panel (work in progress).

Ann Miles from the club, herself an FRPS, is helping me pull the panel together, and I also go along to the Club's "Aperture" group, one of whose aims is to help members gain such distinctions. Ann reckons I have 10 images from those currently on my website already, although not neccessarily the ones I have shortlisted..watch this space, and my website, for updates (I'm sure your rivited...).

Ivan

2 comments:

Gareth said...

That's really tempted me to pull my finger out and do the same.

They're a strong set of images, but they're not cohesive. Does that matter? i.e. does an eclectic set of images which don't have a common theme pass muster for LRPS? I think for the higher levels, there needs to be a thread which runs through them.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, doesn't matter for the LRPS, but does, as you say, for the A and the F. A general standard and the emergence of some artistic merit/photographer's eye is all that's required. Probably most/all of us have 10 "L" images already in our collection.
Ivan