Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Patterns



This is a picture I took a few years ago of Barcelona docks. Not an aspect of Barcelona that you normally think of, and they are kind of tucked around the corner from the main city, almost out of sight. However, they are huge, and on this day I was struck by the activity going on there, and by the vast pattern created by all the containers at the docks. I cropped this from a larger image, and wanted to break up the repetitive pattern with the double diagonal lines and also the occasional crane.

I may enter this in the "colour" category in the up-coming CCC Photographer of the year competition. The other categories are "hands", "coastline", "movement" and "weather". I'll soon be posting my proposed entries for the other categories...watch this space.

Ivan

2 comments:

Gareth said...

It works much better, bigger. The double line works well, too. I'm not sure how much wow factor there is, though.

Damian Lidgard said...

I think I agree with Gareth, except that (without being harsh) I don't think there is any WOW factor here. Nothing jumps out at me.

Damian