Friday, October 27, 2006

Miksang-ed out

Hi all,

After some thought, when I really should be working, I have come to a decision. I have tried to portray a different style of photography that is called Miksang, Tibetan for 'good eye'. However, I seem to be generating frustration and confusion. And now I understand why: it is not about the image, it is about the experience. I cannot submit a Miksang photo and hope others to see what I see.

I am going to join Michael Wood (instigator of the teachings of Miksang) in failing to portray this style of photography to fellow photographers. Oh well...I did try....

But I commend Ivan on trying...perhaps when I am in England again we will go for a little walk with our cameras...

Damian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damian

I'd be more than happy to go for that walk...show me what it's like to photograph Miksang.

I think the point I was making all along is that the images are no different from detail shots we can all do. If the feeling behind it is different, then that's something else altogether...

Cheers
Ivan