Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Boats on calm water

I shot this photo last year while on 'retreat'. What attracted me was the deep green of the water and the contrast with the white boat. It was a very peaceful scene. The water was incredibly still with some great reflections.

1/200 f5.6 ISO 100 Adobe RGB RAW
13 June 2006 0750AM






This boat was shot on the same morning. Here the contrast of the bright colours with the still light grey water and the reflection was what attracted me.

1/320 sec f5.6 ISO 100 AdobeRGB RAW
13 June 2006 0745AM

Damian

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like them both; probably prefer the lower image, just because there's more of interest going on and the reflections are great. Top image nicely framed and the green is a good effect.

Ivan

Damian Lidgard said...

Yes, the lower image offers a lot of colour but I really like the green in the top photo and the sense of calmness that it brings.

D