Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let's Rock!!




A picture I took for a friend's band (this is not them, though) who were playing at Cambridge Junction in April 05. I was allowed access to "The Pit" in front of the band, so had good access, although all from below.. I took loads of images, of all the bands, and got some good ones. This was one of my first uses of my then new 350D, and I had never shot in such low and variable lighting conditions. This one is one of the best, I feel. The guitarist is backlit to some extent, and this defines the shape but hides his face and body detail. The lighting is pretty simple at that moment, and the colour palette mainly green and black which greatly simplifies things and, to me, adds spooky moody interest. It looks like a calm moment, but I think things were actually quite Rocked Up at this point... Only adjustments were some minor levels and cropping. Nothing else. High ISO and in the days before my IS lens, so handheld at speeds as low as 1/15s with the kit lens. Not bad results, considering.

Comments/views welcomed.

Ivan

No comments: