Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Three From Coney Island, NYC

Not sure if any one has been to Coney Island? It is like a twisted freak town on the coast on the edge of Brooklyn, New York. Famous for its boardwalk, freakshows and Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contests. 30 mins on the subway, end of the line through Brooklyn.

I thought it was one of the most amazing places for candid, reportage, people based shots...



On the boardwalk.



Japanese tourists in front of the jellyfish tank.



Biker on the boardwalk.

No more words - any comments?

It seems like I am doing stuff differently with my shots now without any real input - I do my blog, I dedicate time to my shots, though I rarely receive "true" input.

Keen for your thoughts guys.

3 comments:

Critical Light said...

Hi there,

Good to see you posting again...

Out of the three I like the bottom two. The guy walking along the boardwalk is great but I find there are too many distractions in the background; especially the structure that intersects the guys head. The BW treatment seems a little off to me; seems like there is too much red.

The tourists in front of the fish tank is a great shot, nicely composed. I like that one.

The last one is probably my favourite. I like the way the guy on the bike is framed and the interesting background with the guy sitting down and staring out. The only critique I have is the BW treatment. It is almost sepia and I am not keen on that.

Damian

Anonymous said...

I like them all, and I don't think it matters quite as much if you get "distracting" elements in this type of street photography.

Middle one is my favourite - moody, clean, nicely balanced.

Ivan

Critical Light said...

I agree with Ivan on my comment of distractions in street photography...it doesn't matter as much.

D