Thursday, June 14, 2007

More views of Reculver


These are a couple of pictures taken down on the beach at Reculver in Kent. More detailed information regarding this interesting coastal site can be found here.

Taken on different days, from different sides of the Roman Church ruins, I always love this place; there's the great focal point of the ruins, the beach has loads of great rocks for interest, and the cliffs sweep towards the ruin, bringing in the eye. It's great - but alas I can't access it quite the same from Cambridge...

Anyway, thoughts welcome as usual.

Ivan

3 comments:

Critical Light said...

The second image is really nice. Would look excellent blown up; perhaps 16 by 24 or something like that. The colours are quite spectacular and the image flows very well. Very soothing for the eye.

The top image doesn't do much for me but I really like the texture in the foreground rocks.

Damian

Critical Light said...

I think with the top image I would like more openness to the right. Its feels too dense to me...

D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments - glad you like the bottom one, that's my fave too.

For the top one, it does feel cramped and boxed in, but I think that adds to the sombre and almost monochrome feel. I see what you mean, though.

Cheers
Ivan