Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Hole in the Wall


Another pic from the Peaks; this one is two exposures, one for the distant trees and one for the near wall. Both were taken from the same vantage point, and through the hole, but different focal points and exposure values were used. The resultant two images were blended in photoshop to create more closely what the eye sees or what my mind felt when I saw this possible image. Not sure it works, but I present it none the less. The colours are a bit flat, and I was running out of ideas...

I have a few more of interest from this series to post.

Comments/views welcomed.

Ivan

1 comment:

Critical Light said...

Ivan,

I have tried to shoot many images like this because they look interesting and appealing but I have never quite got it right.

The two exposure technique has worked really well here with both the fore and background in focus and levels well balanced. So technically, it is very good.

But I don't find the image itself very appealing...it is flat and 'cold'...

D