Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rusty Door and Bolt


Last one from me today (I am at a course Tue-Thur, and trying to post something everyday, or the equivalent of a post-a-day).

This one is a detail shot from the door of Kate's Mum and Dad's woodshed. I just liked the textures and shapes, the mix of the rust and the peeling paint, and the shapes and form of the lock and bolt. I was thinking of Damian's colour challenge when I took this. Not an inspiring shot, but an interesting record shot taken on a dull overcast day in Shropshire.

There are a few more from this series to post in time.

Comments/views welcomed.

Ivan

1 comment:

Critical Light said...

Ivan,

This shot, to me, is a very 'valuable' shot because it brings to people every day images that most ignore or simply do not see. To me, this shot is as interesting as your landscape shots. And it tells me that you were looking and very 'open'. There is lots of colour here, lots of texture (I can feel the rust) and lots of contrast in both.

D