Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Occupied


Seeing Damian's previous post reminded me of this image I took a few months back for our attempted neighbourhood theme. It's similarly overly busy, perhaps. This house was in fact occupied in this state, including some kids who would wait for the school bus in the morning. The house has since burned down.

Technical info: taken from inside a slow-moving vehicle. No way I was going to go stand in their garden with a camera, especially with a 'no trespassing' sign in the front door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Less busy and difficult than "visual artist" (sorry, we've had a discussion on his LinkedIn profile) but no more appealing, photographically or interest-wise for me. It's a house. Run-down, yes. Interest there? For sure, but not - for me - in this image. Too bright to have menace (that it could have), not close enough to see any interesting detail (on this scale of image) and more of a record or a reportage type shot, perhaps as part of an article on dereliction rather than a photographic study.

Agree wise not to get out the car, so the photography suffers from the Stasher1 effect (when he had his bad ankles, and all images were taken from the edge of the A10).

Ivan

stasher1 said...

There is definitely a bit of stasherism going on here! I never managed to master the 'drive-by-photoshoot' and believe me, I had some practice! Again though, a good attempt at a grab shot but unfortunately lacks a impact and focal point for me. I'm not sure at which part of the image you want me to be drawn to. I find the bushes on the Rt hand side seem to draw me away from the house too. Sorry, Adam.