Monday, October 27, 2008

Sandwich Bay (Kent) mono

Taken this weekend, as we visited friends in Kent. I loved the seascapes in Kent, and miss the sea terribly now we are landlocked in Cambridge.

On this occaision, it was a bright, cold, clear day, with lots of great skies, good light, wet sand and wide open spaces. Hardly a soul on the beach, except us.



This one appealed to me because the sand was wet, picking up the reflections of the sky, which looked huge through the wide angle lens.

Mono seems to work better than colour in this case, since it gives emphasis to the tones rather than it all looking blue.

Ivan

2 comments:

Damian Lidgard said...

I have seen exactly what you are looking at on Sable, with the wet sand and reflections. The clouds in the sky are great. Nevertheless, I feel that there is a lot missing from this photo and wonder if BW is appropriate. The reflection very quickly becomes bright with little reflection and I wonder if a colour version would provide more nuances in reflections and hues. I love the texture of the wet sand.

D

Anonymous said...

D - good point. I'll try that.
Ivan