Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Freestylers Revisited

With the new posting pace (which I approve of), here is a shot from April this year when we had the three Freestylers in town.



Taken on a slate grey afternoon, taken unsupported and at a little bit of distance, tight crop. Small blurring, however I quite like the motion freeze and crowd blur. B&W worked better than colour.

Comments? Suggestions?

As a small background to this shot - the footballer doing this trick is Jeremy Lynch who after being in Dubai went on to the semi-finals of the TV show "Britain's Got Talent" with his freestyling skills. (Youtube clip)

5 comments:

stasher1 said...

Great shot! The position you caught the freestyler(?)in really gives a feel of what is going on. The small, subtle bluring with a sharp ball is perfect to my eye. Would it be possible to see the shot with the head present - I am curious to see if the freestylers expression adds anything to your shot? A

Anonymous said...

This was my thought too, to see the head shot version. However, there is something that works about the headless shot is that it focusses attention on the action, the body position and the attention of the crowd. A great capture.

Ivan

Damian Lidgard said...

I am not that concerned with the head, but would actually prefer to see the other foot. Perhaps that changes to dynamic too much since right now, you have the eye focused where it should be. Good shot.

D

Anonymous said...

I agree - might be good to see the foot too.

Ivan

Colin said...

I want to see the foot too.